Unfortunately women who suffer birth trauma often find themselves isolated from a helpful support network.
They may feel very distant from other new mothers who have had a different or perhaps appear to have had easier birth stories. Sometimes birth trauma recovery and letting go of what happened can feel impossible. Many women feel like they are ‘stuck’ and cannot move on.
Often new mums with birth trauma will feel guilty that they have not recovered and ‘got over it’ yet, and they will hide or dismiss their trauma symptoms as it may make them appear to be a ‘bad mother’ or a ‘failure’ . This can lead to further isolation and may contribute to further issues such as difficulty breastfeeding and, more seriously, post natal depression.
You do not have to continue suffering. You can recover and move on from birth trauma and become the mum that you always dreamed of being.
- End flashbacks and nightmares
- Stop persistent intrusive thoughts
- Release any guilt and shame
- Unwind physical trauma stored in the body
- Be comfortable talking about what happened
- Feel in control again
- Connect with your baby at a deeper level
- Prepare physically and mentally for another pregnancy and birth
For more information please contact Kate on 07710 261 921 or check out my sister website Delivering Mum for more information and a free 30 minute consultation.
Healthy mums, create happy families. You can release and move on.